Opening Exercises 8:50am (Preschool -5th Grade)
All Other Classes Start at 9:00am
We are going strong in our Sunday School! We continue into winter of 2018. We are always excited to come together to grow in our faith and our relationship with Jesus and fellowship together as we study and grow. When we look at the statistic of where the future of our kids will be – as the world spins out of control, we want them to be firmly grounded in their faith and have a strong relationship with their Savior to draw from. One of the ways we can provide that is through Sunday School. We have thought about the points we are hopeful to incorporate into their time in Sunday School.
1. Understand they need their own personal relationship with Jesus.
2. That they can grow in their relationship with time spent in prayer, studying the Bible, in church and at home. We have been talking a lot about prayer this last year reminding the students that they can pray anytime, anywhere, about anything and everything.
3. Because we know we want others to know about Jesus – missionary work, discipling, sharing the gospel.
4. Understanding worship especially when singing – thinking about the words and that they are singing to Jesus.
5. This year we are going to try to work on growing our faith now that we have Jesus. (This is a spin off from the summer session when we looked at fruit and how they related to Jesus and also the Fruit of the Spirit.) That a relationship with Jesus is not just for Sunday.
Our theme for the children is “Treemendous Faith – Growing in God’s Word”
Theme verse: Colossians 2:6-76 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
Senior High Class- Will meet upstairs in the Youth Wing
The Senior High class will continue their studies with the Encounter curriculum. This course will help the teens meet God in a real way for each of them individually.
“God is in Our Midst” by Daniel Hyde
How does an ancient tent in the wilderness of Sinai related to our relationship with God? Hyde encourages us to consider the “tent of meeting”. By studying the particulars of this first tabernacle, we will better understand Jesus., the One who dwelt, or tabernacle among us (John 1:14).
"The Lord's Prayer" by Albert Mohler
Prayer is central to our fellowship with God and our prayer life is directly affected by what we believe in God. Mohler shows that the pattern of prayer Jesus provides is few in words, yet massive in meaning. His prayer reflects true theology and proper doxology.
Sunday school is for all ages from Pre-School through Senior Citizens. We are hopeful that you will find a class that is right for you. Our hope is that we will always keep growing our faith throughout our lives.
We hope to-------See you in Sunday School!
Please come and join us as we learn about our Lord, ourselves, and our relationships with both.
Please remember that Everyone is Welcome Here!!